Friday 12 April 2013

Superdrug Skin Care Haul

It seems every time I pass Superdrug I cannot help going in and spending money! The other day I decided to have a little browse and found quite a few goodies I liked. This is what I ended up leaving with:


I've been using some of the products for a few days consecutively now but some I have yet to try. 

First up I'll talk about the Naturally Radiant range.

I've mentioned this range in an earlier post that can be found here. I liked the majority of the products I bought last time, so when I noticed they were still on offer I thought I would give these two a try as they were out of stock last time. 

The Brightening Day Cream is shown below:


This product has an SPF15 which is good for protecting you from harmful UV rays. It claims to be for 'Normal to Dry Skin' and says it will 'awaken skin's natural glow' and give 'all day moisturisation'. There is also a list telling you how long to expect certain results. Instantly your skin is supposed to look radiant and feel moisturised which I have found to be true after a few days use. I have found it soothes my skin and make it soft but I have been using it before I apply make up so I can't say if I've notice a difference in radiance. After 1 week your skin is supposed to feel softer and smoother and more refreshed and energised. I have not yet been using it for a week so I can't really judge this, however with my other products from this range I did notice a difference after continuous use. After 4 weeks your skin tone is meant to appear refined and evened out. Again I have not been using it for 4 weeks yet but I am hoping this is true! Whilst I was shopping I heard a member of staff saying the offers in store would be changed the following day and since checking their website I have found this is no longer on offer. It is now back at the normal price of £5.99 and is available from Superdrug stores or online here. I personally would buy this again even at £5.99 as it has done a better job for me than some big name brands. 

Another item I bought from this range is the Brightening Micro Polish:


This product exfoliates dead skin cells, helping to refine skin's texture and clarify skin discolouration. I have yet to use this product but I am looking forward to comparing it to other exfoliating products I have. This is also available from Superdrug stores or their site here and retails for £4.99 which is a bargain in my eyes. 

The second range I bought a lot from was the Vitamin E Skin Care range. When I was shopping they were on offer as 3 for 2 but this has expired unfortunately. That being said the products are so purse friendly I would buy them even if they were not on offer!

The first item to catch my eye was the Skin Oil:



It is described as a light, yet penetrating oil which soothes, moisturises and softens the skin. It contains Vitamin E (as suggested by the label) which is apparently a powerful antioxidant that will help to protect skin against environmental damage and also premature skin ageing. I found the texture of this to be the same as Loreal Extraordinary Oil, which meant that although it is an oil one applied to my face I was not left with a greasy residue on my hands. My face did feel a lot softer and I had to stop myself from stroking it too much (don't want to clog my pores!). This retails at £2.99 and can be bought from Superdrug stores or from their website found here. For £2.99 you really have to try this as it is so cheap yet such a good product. I wish I'd stocked up while they were on 3 for 2 but I didn't know I would like it so much. It's a 30 ml bottle too so it can fit in your handbag if you're travelling!

The second item I spotted was the All Over Body Cream:


The first thing you should know about this tub is that it has a huge 475ml of product in it, I could not believe how much there was. I have mentioned before I have really dry skin, especially after I've had a shower so I wanted to give this a try. I usually use my Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil, however I wanted to find a cream I could use too and this seemed perfect. I have used it twice since I bought it and I am really happy with this product. It soothed my dry skin after a shower and it left it feeling really soft afterwards. It smells lovely and works a treat and for £2.99 for 475ml I really don't see anything to complain about. You can buy this is Superdrug stores or from their website here.

I decided to try two of the face creams from this range too with one being a night time cream and the other being an intense cream. 


The night cream shown above I have obviously been applying before bed and letting it work overnight. I have noticed my skin is a little softer when I wake but there isn't much of a difference as of yet which I'm hoping will change after continuous use. I chose this as one of my free products as I already have many moisturisers. It does have a lovely smell and for £2.99 it is pretty cheap too. This can also be found in Superdrug stores or on their website here.

I chose the Intensive Moisture Cream as my second free product too (as I bought 6):


I liked the idea of this cream being intensive as when my skin is incredibly dry it needs intense hydration. I've used it a couple of times when my skin has felt particularly dry and although it did soothe it I do have other moisturisers that worked just as well so I probably won't repurchase this item. I only say this as I need to get through all my other moisturisers first, however if I didn't own any other intensive ones then I probably would buy this again as it is only £2.99. You can find this in Superdrug stores and on their website here.

As summer is approaching I decided to buy an exfoliating body scrub to keep my skin in top condition and just in case I felt like applying a bit of fake tan:


I haven't used this on my body yet but I have squeezed a little in to my hand to get a feel for the texture etc.

It says it contains apricot granules to exfoliate and when I did squeeze it out on to my hand the product contained a lot of granules in just a small amount. I'm glad this is the case as I have bought body exfoliators before which didn't have many granules/beads in the product so it either didn't do a good job or I ended up using an awful lot of product. This also smells absolutely lovely and I really can't wait to use it in future. For £2.99 it is definitely a good buy and it can be found in Superdrug stores or on their site here.

I also spotted a Shimmer Body Lotion which will look lovely worn on the skin when the sun is shining:


This product contains light reflecting pigments to give a healthy looking glow. The sun hasn't really been out in rainy Britain as of yet so I'm not sure when I'll get to try it out on my body, however I did apply some to the back of my hand and it really does reflect the light and make your skin look dewy and beautiful. I can't wait for the sun to appear and to wear this little beauty! This also retails for £2.99 and I will buy this over and over as it is a lot cheaper than other brands. You can find it in Superdrug stores or on their site here.

Finally, as I was leaving the skin care section I spotted Summer Body by Garnier was half price and I couldn't resist:

 

I chose the light version as I don't want to end up too tanned! It is a moisturising lotion that claims to build a tan in harmony with your own skin tone. It also has an apricot fragrance which smells amazing and makes me excited for summer! I was going to buy the 250ml for £2.54 (also half price) but then I noticed that this bottle was 400ml and only £3.57 so I chose this bottle instead! I haven't used it yet as it isn't quite warm enough to bare my skin so it would be a little pointless tanning at the moment but I am super excited to use it. You can find this in Superdrug stores and online here.

This was an extremely long post and took an awful long time to do so I hope you find it useful if you're looking for skin care products! Do you think you may give any of these a try?

Amanda xx

1 comment:

  1. Great information. I didn't know about the benefit of superdrug skin care products. That's such a nice article. I have bookmarked this blog post for future reference.

    obagi nu derm starter kit

    Thanks
    Alison Clarke

    ReplyDelete