Monday 15 April 2013

Real Techniques Brushes

There are probably hundreds of reviews about the Real Techniques brushes but I bought my first few about 10 days ago and have finally had a chance to use most of them now! I hope to get some more for my birthday next week because I really liked the ones I bought but for now I'll just be doing a review of those ones.


First up I bought the Foundation Brush:




 I already had a foundation brush which does the job well enough, but I've owned that since around September/October now and I felt the time had come to change it for a fresh one and Real Techniques seemed to be the way to go. I was pleased with the application and the fact that it didn't leave any streaks, but blended my foundation in perfectly. I also like the fact this brush is angled as it allows you to get to difficult areas around your eyes and nose. It created a perfect, flawless base for me and I am so glad I purchased this. I bought mine as part of the 3 for 2 offer in Boots, but you can get it from Superdrug also and off the Real Techniques website itself. This brush retails for £9.99 which I don't think is too much if you compare it to the price of a MAC brush which I definitely lust after but cannot justify. Here is the link to buy it from Boots on 3 for 2.

Second up in my 3 for 2 bargains was the Blush Brush which I also got from Boots:




I have been using this with my new MUA cream blusher, and I find it gives a lovely result. The blusher practically melts in to my skin creating a perfect, peachy glow and this brush makes it so easy with minimal buffing needed! I only bought 2 brushes from Boots as I was buying 4 Lee Stafford hair products as well. This retails for £9.99 in Boots linked here, and as I mentioned before I do not think this is expensive. I love how soft the bristles feel and I also love how thick the brush is. The tapered point allowed me to gather product just on the tip of the brush, avoiding the clown look.

For my other 3 Real Techniques brushes I visited the Feel Unique website linked here. When I ordered off Boots, the Stippling Brush was out of stock so I was happy to see this on Feel Unique and this was my first choice:




I was planning to use this to buff in any foundation if necessary but the Foundation Brush did such a good job that I didn't actually need to use this! This means I have not used this brush as of yet but I am still glad I purchased it. It retails at Boots for £11.99, however at Feel Unique it only cost me £10.99 so there was a little saving too! You can find the link to this brush here.

I also noticed that the Setting Brush was cheaper at Feel Unique too so I purchased this as well:




I use this brush to apply highlighting powder to my cheekbones and brow bones. I found that it allows me apply the powder with precision as the brush is small enough for precision but large enough to make application easy. I have yet to try this with my cream highlighter but I suspect it will be just as good for this too! This retails at Boots for £8.99 however I managed to get mine for £6.99 at Feel Unique linked here which meant I had saved £3.00 up to now, which is a fair amount!

The final brush I purchased was the Shading Brush:




This brush is used for eyeshadow obviously and I have only used it once since I bought it however I found the bristles to be lovely and soft against my eyes which is good as they can be a sensitive area. I found it applied the shadow nice and evenly. This normally retails at £7.99 however I got this for £6.99 at Feel Unique linked here. This means in total I saved £4.00 which nearly pays for a brush itself so I am very happy with my savings.

I don't know why it has taken me so long to try Real Techniques brushes but I''m glad I finally have and as I said I hope I receive the sets for my birthday next week!

Are you a Real Techniques fan? What is your favourite brush from the collection?

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment