Monday 15 April 2013

NOTD: Random concoction of nail art.

I've not been well for the past few days and consequently could not sleep last night. Whilst watching my Jane Eyre (my fave!) I decided to paint my nails and then I got a bit carried away with nail art. It is not perfect by any means and there are probably too many thing on my nails but it's just for fun!

I recently ordered my first Essie nail polish off Fragrance Direct for £1.99 and I decided to give this a go on my nails:


There were plenty of shades available to choose from but I decided on Super Bossa Nova. It has a slight pearl/shimmer to it when applied. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this polish, I actually only needed one coat to cover my nail which of course saves a lot of time and hassle and it dried within 2-3 minutes which I could not believe. I'd actually go as far to say that this is the best quality nail polish I have used. 

So after applying one coat of Essie I applied Models Own Blizzard to all of my nails except my ring finger:


This is part of the Wonderland collection by Models Own and is basically a glitter topcoat. I think if you tried to wear it alone you would have to apply a lot of coats and it would probably peel off (been there before in my teenage years). It retails for £5.00 and you can buy it from their site or in some Boots stores.

On my ring finger I decided to use some of the nail art items I got the other day:


They are cute, little hearts in all different colours and designs. I chose to use the pale pink ones that say 'LOVE' to go with the pink Essie varnish I used. You can see my post about the nail art items here.

I finished with a top coat and I also used Liquid Quick Dry on the Blizzard layer as it was taking quite a while to dry:


This Liquid Quick Dry is a life saver when I'm in a rush and need my varnish to dry quickly!

My nails aren't the greatest, they never seem to grow and when they do they usually start to break (if anyone has any tips to make them stronger it would be much appreciated). This aside this was the finished look:


I doubt I'll ever be amazing at nail art but I just mess around with it for fun. I'll probably take this off in a few days and try a different look!

What are your favourite nail art items?

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment