Monday 15 April 2013

e.l.f 100pc Marble Eyeshadow Palette

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I got a huge e.l.f. haul (I also just bought another huge haul minutes ago - oops). Anyway, I decided to play around with my 100pc Marble Eyeshadow Palette yesterday (before I got sick) and I thought I'd do a post on that using the pictures I took.

This is what the palette is packaged like (sorry for the glare):






The majority of the shadows are one solid colour, however a few are marbled. I took some close up photos so you can see this better:








There are a mix of matte and shimmer shades in this palette which allowed me to create a range of looks. The marbled shades mix together to create a new shade when you apply it to your eyes. I actually bought this mostly to experiment with colour, so have played around with the greens and blues etc. more than the neutral shades.

I swatched a couple of shades to give you an idea of pigmentation amongst other things:


These are swatches of the non-marbled shades and I chose two shimmer ones (on the left) and the rest are matte. As you can see they are not extremely pigmented but with a primer they work a bit better and also you can build them up using more powder.




The picture above shows some of the marbled shades I chose to swatch and as you can see they are less pigmented than the non-marbled shades. I hope these will improve with primer as I haven't used them on my eyes as of yet! I also took a picture of the fallout:

 

As you can see there is quite a bit of fallout, but I just apply my eye make up before foundation etc. to stop it causing a problem. 

I ordered the eyeshadow from the 'Last Chance' section on the e.l.f. website linked here.
It originally retailed at £15.00 but was half price at £7.50, however it is now out of stock, but this was the link.

Although they are not extremely pigmented, they are a bargain at £7.50 and I mainly bought them to experiment rather than use them everyday, so therefore I am happy with my purchase. I love e.l.f. as an affordable brand and I would probably buy this palette again, I really just wish they were a little more pigmented, but you can't have everything!

Do you have any must-have e.l.f. products? I wanted some more in today's haul but a lot of items were out of stock! 

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment