Wednesday 3 April 2013

My week, purchases and future posts...

It's been a very busy week for me this week! I ended up going to Wales for a few days with my family which was a nice change of scenery. I've also been ill for weeks on end (immune system is failing me!) and I've had various appointments with my doctors. So, after a gap in posts I'm back. I've accumulated an awful lot of stuff this week, more than I realised actually! I'm a bit unsure of what to post about first because I bought so much stuff, so this post is going to be a general list of what I bought and then over the next few posts I'll talk about the different items in more depth.

The lovely Wendy at painttheukpink.blogspot.co.uk shared a 50% off code at e.l.f. on Twitter last week and I just could not resist! I ended up spending close to £100 (eek!) but after the discount it worked out just under £50. I know this is a huge amount but two of the items which I'm in love with should have cost me £28 alone so I see this as a complete bargain! This is what I ended up buying from their website:


I'll review these items in more detail over the coming weeks but my next post will be about the eye set I bought (the white box at the back). Generally I'm really happy with what I bought and the amount I saved and I'll tell you more about these soon!

Another website I ordered off was Fragrance Direct and I spent just over £33 there which I think was a bargain as some of the items I got have quite an expensive RRP. This is what I bought from them:


I bought various items from various brands including Dainty Doll, Toni & Guy, Revlon, Essie, Sally Hansen, Maybelline and many more. I've tried a few of these items and will be posting reviews in the coming weeks.

I went food shopping yesterday and couldn't help but pop in to Superdrug (I have zero will power). Most of what I bought was on offer which somehow justifies my purchases in my mind! I bought some VO5 hair products and some MUA make up:



The VO5 products are Dry Texturising Spray, Tame & Shine Spray, Dry Backcomb Spray and Volumising Spritz. I'm going to try these products out over the next few weeks and let you know what I think about them. The MUA products are the Undress Me Too palette, Shimmer Highlighter, Extreme Contour Liner and the Radiant Under Eye Concealer. As with the VO5 products I'll let you know what I think once I've tried these out.

As you can see I've got a lot of things to get through in the near future as well as all the beauty products lying about my room (I'm clearly an addict). I'll try and get through them as quick as I can! 

I've also got some Real Techniques brushes on their way to me so I can't wait to get my hands on them! 

Have you tried any of these products? If so, how was your experience with them? Have any of these items been on your wish list?

Amanda :) xx

6 comments:

  1. Great haul Hun! Don't you just love it when the postie brings you some lovely beauty things! The MUA undressed palette is meant to be really good! I've recently just brought the real technique brushes and their really good .
    Loulovesbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love nothing more than presents off the postman! I've heard the palette is a good dupe for Naked 2 which is my favourite palette in the world so will be interesting to compare them! Xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Haul post Amanda. So happy you liked the code. You really made the most of it, thank you for the mention ^-^

    I've recently reviewed the Undressed Palette and Undress Your Skin highlighter by MUA on my blog.

    Wendy | Paint the UK Pink blog

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help myself with that code! Oops! I'll have to check your reviews out. Heard it's a good dupe for Naked 2 and obviously it's lots cheaper but I don't think it will sway me from my beloved Naked 2! I thought I'd give their highlighter a chance because my staples are MAC Soft and Gentle or Illamasqua Gleam! Xx

      Delete
  3. So jealous of your haul! I really need to get my mitts on some more Elf products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I just couldn't resist with it being 50% off! If it happens again I'll definitely be doing it again! xx

    ReplyDelete