Saturday 11 May 2013

Liz Earle Skin Tonic, Moisturiser and Eyebright

I wanted to a post on these goodies as they're some of my favourites! I know everyone loves the Hot Cloth Cleanser and I do too, but I prefer the L'oreal Micellar Solution I mentioned in a previous post as it is much quicker! That being said when I have the time I do use my Hot Cloth Cleanser too as it feels like I 'm pampering myself.

Anyway, this post is about Liz Earle's Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser and Eyebright lotion.



After I've used one of my cleansers I apply my Liz Earle Skin Tonic to close my pores. I've always been a bit sceptical about toner wondering if it's good for my skin and if it contains alcohol I'm not really a fan but Liz Earle's is perfect for me as it doesn't contain alcohol and is full of natural ingredients! As well as toning and closing my pores it provides my face with much needed refreshment after cleansing as my skin always feels dry!




You can use this even when not doing your cleanse, tone, moisturise routine as it refreshes you face nicely which is lovely for summer weather. I have both the small spritzer bottle and also a full 200ml bottle, the reason being I find it nicer to apply by spraying as opposed to using cotton wool pads so by buying the small spritzer bottle it means i can fill this using the 200ml bottle (and it also makes it portable - great for your handbag or travelling). I don't ever want to use another toner after discovering this beauty! A 200ml bottle of this toner costs £13.25 and the small 30ml spritzer costs £5.50 both available from the Liz Earle site linked here or in some Boots stores or QVC. You can also buy a 200ml spritzer bottle if you just plan to use it at home and this costs £13.50. 

After toning I use my Liz Earle Skin Repair moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin. As I've mentioned before I struggle to find good moisturisers for my dry skin and I bought the Superdrug Naturally Radiant range while I was waiting for my Liz Earle one to arrive. This moisturiser has to be my favourite though, not only because it instantly soothes my skin but also because I have noticed a change in my skin for the better since I started using it. My skin feels soft for hours after applying it and I wake up without feeling my face is dry. I still have ridiculously red cheeks but besides that my skin has become a lot nicer to look at and touch. I can't really comment on whether it has cleared my skin as my skin is pretty clear anyway, I only get 1 or 2 spots a month.



I bought the sample size to make sure I liked it before committing to buying the full size product and now that this is empty I'm desperate to buy a full size one (I may have to break my spending ban for this - skincare is important to me). If you fancy giving it a try you can buy the sample size which should last between 2-4 weeks depending how much you use when you moisturise but mine lasted a full 4 weeks! A 15ml tube costs £7.50, a 50ml tube costs £19.25 and a 50ml jar (if you prefer jars) also costs £19.25. You can find them available on the Liz Earle website linked here and it is also available in some Boots stores now an from QVC. Just make sure you buy the right one for your skin type! 

Another thing I decided to try from Liz Earle is the Eyebright lotion.




As it says on the bottle it is supposed to refresh tired, puffy eyes either by sweeping over your eyelids or leaving two cotton wool pads over your eyes for 5-10 minutes. Whether this has refreshed my eyes is debatable as I have really dark circles underneath my eyes and that hasn't changed since using this, however it is lovely to apply in the morning or before bed as it does make you feel more refreshed and awake. A 50ml bottle of Eyebright costs £5.50 or you can also buy a 150ml bottle for £10.75. Both are available from the Liz Earle website as mentioned before linked here, some Boots stores and also from QVC.

Personally I couldn't live without the toner or moisturiser now, they have made such a difference to my skin and skincare routine. The Eyebright hasn't brought about a massive change to my eye area however it does refresh my eyes in the morning helping me to wake up quicker (I need help waking up, I get really moody when I'm tired).

Have you tried Liz Earle? Are you a fan too or were you disappointed? What are your skin care staples?

Amanda xx

6 comments:

  1. I've only really tried Liz Earle skin repair mosituriser, which if I'm honest I took off my sister as she was leaving it to die in the back of her bathroom cabinet - The shame! I absolutely love it though so I'm tempted to pick up a set with these guys in.

    Goodluck in my giveaway by the way :) Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I got two sets from QVC so I could try everything :) but they only have one of them at the moment which is this...

      http://www.qvcuk.com/Liz-Earle-4-Piece-Essential-Discovery-Collection.product.202257.html?sc=202257-DRIL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-23-_-202257

      I love this moisturiser sooo much but it's a little pricey with my spending ban being in place but I got some of the Garnier Moisture Match testers and they're pretty good too so while I'm on my ban I think I may just pick one of those up to put me over! xx

      Delete
  2. my mum is a big liz earle fan and treated me to a hot cloth cleanser! i can also be found sneaking into her cupboards to steal her other liz earle procuts as i feel like i'm pampering myself and that they do my skin the world of good!

    http://hannah-gibbins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes very informative post. It is really help full for us.
    Travesti

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love your photos and alsolike whatever u posted in this blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Really your post is very interesting and informative.I ll surely keep visiting.

      social networking plans

      Delete