Sunday 21 April 2013

MUA Power Pout

I am sooo sorry for the lack of posts, but I have four university essays due in over the next two weeks and it's my birthday on Wednesday. This means I'm going to London for a week or so on Tuesday evening so I kind of need to have the majority of my essays done by then which is what I've spent all week trying to do! I will try and blog whilst I'm in London on my boyfriend's laptop, I'm going to take my DSLR with me and I'm doing a beauty shop at Westfield White City on my actual birthday so I'll have plenty of products around me. I'm also doing a MUA course on Monday 29th April, it's nothing spectacular, but it's a step in the right direction anyway! 

So, back to the main topic, this blog post will be on MUA's new Power Pouts. I bought these a few weeks ago off the MUA website before they came in to store because I wanted to make sure I had all six. I've now had the chance to use every colour more than once and I've totally fallen in love with them, they are like a cheaper version of the Clinique Chubby Stick and the Revlon Just Bitten! Kissable Balm Stain. I don't own a Clinique version but I do own a few of the Revlon ones so I can compare them to that and I honestly don't think there's much difference! They have a minty, fresh fragrance and they make your lips tingle. The application is super easy as it's like drawing with a large crayon. The fact they are a balm stain means I can get away with applying the product less as it stains my lips and it is less opaque than a normal lipstick, meaning it won't be too obvious if some comes away. 


First up is Justify:



Justify is quite an orange colour that I would usually be too scared to approach, but as it's only a stain it's not as harsh as a lipstick so I've given this a few tries since I bought it. I'm still not totally convinced the colour suits me, however it is a lovely colour otherwise.

Next is Irreplaceable:



This shade is quite a bright pink when worn and it reminds me of Illamasqua Lipstick in the shade Immodest but this is easier to wear as it is more sheer. I love my Immodest lipstick and I love this product too but as with Justify I'm just not sure either of them suit me too well which is quite disappointing really.

The third one I bought was Runway:



This is more of a red colour as opposed to the orange shade of Justify, however I'd call it a coral colour as when you compare it to Crazy in Love (shown later) it clearly isn't as red. I think this will be a perfect colour to wear in the summer.

Next up is Rendezvous:



This one is my favourite as I find it the easiest one to wear. The packaging can be a little misleading as you may think you're getting a beige/nude colour when it actually turns out to be a rose/pink shade. That being said it is a beautiful colour and is one of my favourite lip products to wear now.

As mentioned earlier I also bought Crazy in Love:



This is the darkest shade in the set and I always seem to fall for the berry shades, I just can't help myself. This is lovely and is not to dark to be worn of a day or in the summer when I usually feel like wearing perkier colours. This is probably my favourite after Rendezvous.

Finally we have Broken Hearted:


A lovely pink shade perfect for summer, but it is quite bright so I'm not sure how often I will wear it (I think it looks silly on me but I'm probably being too critical). 

I have swatched all six in natural light and with a flash to give you an idea of their colour:




These are an absolute steal at £3 each, they are so much cheaper than the Clinique version and even the Revlon version! You can buy them from the MUA website linked here and they are also now in Superdrug stores. You can own all six for slightly more than one Clinique Chubby stick alone and although I'm unsure of some of the colours there will be a perfect shade for everyone in the set. I tweeted MUA when I bought them and they asked me my favourite shades and although I do love them all, for me personally it has to be Rendezvous and Crazy in Love.

Have you tried these yet?

Amanda xx

3 comments:

  1. i have irreplaceable, do they all have a minty taste to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I took so long to reply, had problems with internet and iPhone never lets me comment! Yeah they all have the same minty-ness x

      Delete
  2. I love those colors! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite musicals and will never miss a show so have ordered discount Beauty and the Beast tickets from GoodSeatTickets.com to see the show live!

    ReplyDelete