Tuesday 16 April 2013

e.l.f. Lipstick

More items from my haul in this post, this time the three e.l.f. lipsticks I bought.


The three I chose were Flirtatious, Nostalgic and Captivating. Although they are generally nice colours they looked a little different to the shades I was expecting. All three lipsticks have a creamy texture and give good coverage but I didn't find them very long lasting, however this just means you need to touch it up a bit more than usual. Also, after trying my new Velvetines I don't think anything will ever compare to them in terms of how long they last. I got all three from the e.l.f. website which I have linked here and they retail for £1.50 which is incredibly good value, however I got mine for 75p each with my 50% off code. If you consider the price then I think that are a bargain buy.


Flirtatious is a lovely pink colour that works well with my skin tone. 


Nostalgic is a nude/peach colour which is my favourite shade of lipstick.


Captivating is more of an orange colour which doesn't really suit me very much however it would probably be a lovely shade for some people.


Above are swatches of them under natural light and below are swatches with a flash.


So, although they are not the longest lasting lipsticks I own, for £1.50 (or 75p in my case) they are a bargain and are certainly worth a try. 

What are your favourite lipstick brands? Have you tried any e.l.f. lipsticks?

Amanda xx

1 comment:

  1. These look lovely and a total bargain! I will definitely have to get myself some of these xx

    ReplyDelete